Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Win some, lose some.

TradeMe is getting far too populated for my liking. Especially with the likes of people who happen to have  the same needs as me. They hijack my auctions, bid on them and push the price up to a point where I can no longer compete;  leaving me empty handed and deflated. Woe is me.

Take last weeks' amazing find: a weathered and well loved old teak dining table - big enough and tough enough to take the knocks of a young family and yet still shine like the grand lady of design she was. Turned legs and all! I was in love! And the reserve was only $150!! Then the bidding started. And didn't stop.
When it was all over, the sensible $150 price tag had catapulted to $750!!! Ok, so it was probably worth it. It was beeeautiful.. but sooo not what I wanted to pay. Who likes teak these days anyway?! Hmpfh.

Back to the drawing board.
I mean, don't get me wrong - I really like the dining table I scored on TM for $80 a wee while back, but this was something i'd been after for a long time. And my $80 bargain won't last that long. I need to recover the chairs, actually. Perhaps that will placate me for a while.

Moving on!
Today I was scouring the back page ads in the latest Your Home and Garden and discovered that Mocka - makers of really cool, good quality and affordable kids furniture here in NZ, have branched out into adult stuff! And it's really cool! And all really good prices! They're also doing some super cute cube storage units that would sit well in either a kids room or a light bright adult rumpus.

I love this trestle desk!


And this tv unit:


Simple, lasting design and it won't burn a hole in your pocket.
There are more great pieces to peruse on the Mocka website. Keep your card at the ready!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...