Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sick....

The lurgy has hit our household, so forgive me for the lack of posts lately.. my head feels like it's about to explode.

On the plus side, we had our house baited last week so the mice should be moving out soon (although I found one residing quite comfortably in the family room couch this morning... he's now outside in the bushes).

On the reno side of things: our dining room is pretty much ready to decorate! It's taken a little while but the new walls have been stopped and sealed, and whilst they probably need one more sand and seal - the time has come to put the finishing touches on it - floors included. I'll pop back when I have a little more energy and enthusiasm to put together a mood board. There are so many ideas flying around my head I hardly know where to start! I'm also trying desperately to find the perfect used dining room set on Trade Me. I'm looking, of course, for danish inspired mid century tables and chairs.. gee, that won't cost me much!!
What's also on my list is the perfect wallpaper. I'm going to do 2 of the 3 walls. I think. I might get excited and do all 3! Depends how far the cash stretches...

Here are some photos (which i promised aaaages ago) of the dining room as it is now..


This of course is going to be on the more expensive side; besides the bathroom it's the biggest improvement we've done so far, but in actual renovation terms - we've done it extremely cheaply!

Do you know where a girl can find great vintage pieces at a good price? A really good Sally's store or St Vinnies that no-one knows about?

Where would you shop for wallpaper? And have you seen this site?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...