Welcome to my blog, hope you enjoy reading
RSS

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Operation: Make A Pretty House With Next To No Money

Sounds... difficult, right?

Well, I'm up for the challenge! I am Natalie, and along with my partner Nick, we have purchased a 'rustic' bungalow in Auckland's North Shore suburbs in the hope of creating our very own haven to raise our young family in.

Our house is old. 1930s old. And with a lot of half finished projects undertaken by the former owners, which make the place both ripe for rejuvenation and a bit of a headache at the same time!

It's going to be a mammoth task to bring this baby into the 21st century. And I know I won't be able to do it all on my tiny fortnightly budget - obviously you can't replace entire walls for that, but
what I can do is make it pleasantly livable - even stylish - with a bit of imagination and creativity and some good old upcycling!

I suppose I decided to blog about it so I would actually do it, instead of just talking about it!

I have lost count of all the hours I spend trawling the net for decorating blogs and crafty ideas that I can steal and use in my own home. I keep a notepad which always has a list a mile long of 'things to do' or 'projects to start', which with working and looking after my toddler, often get pushed aside.

So this is my challenge: Make over my house $50 at a time (I said it was tiny!). That's $50 per project. Or less. Whatever it takes to be thrifty; whatever junk I can reuse or reinvent to keep to my budget - I will do my best!

I will post some photos soon so you get an idea of what I'm dealing with..

But let it be known, it will not be drab and boring for much longer! And my pocket will not be (completely) emptied either. If you are reading this and are one of the many people with 'do-ups', scratching your head and wondering how on earth you can make your nest a comfy place to rest without going broke, perhaps we can inspire eachother? Or if you are a creative cat with good ideas to share, then please do!

So - onward and upward!

Hmmm.. now, which project to start first...?











0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...